Saturday, September 10, 2005

Lets Help a Young Man Get a Job!

If you have taken a look at the link to the slideshow in my previous posting, you know that Alvaro Villa is an excellent photographer. If you haven't checked it out, you need to - it takes time, but the photos and commentary are well worth the read. (Update - as of 9/12/05 the slideshow is no longer available - don't know if Alvaro pulled it, if Kodak decided they were getting too many hits, or what happened. When I last looked yesterday afternoon, there were about 250 comments - a few dissenting and nasty voices, but by and large comments were appreciative and encouraging.)

Hidden among the comments that (at this point 97) people have left praising his work, I found this comment:

"I am Alvaro's sister, and I need to tell everyone reading this photojournal that Alvaro has made NO MONEY out of this story, even though I have insisted that this is his chance, his window of opportunity to get a job doing what he loves best, and that is taking pictures. Considering that he HAS NO JOB at the moment, no car, no MONEY, I suggest that ANYONE with connections to publishing or interested in his story, speaks up right now! For all he wants to get out of this story is a job!-Silvia Morales, Managua, Nicaragua
Silvia, 9/9/05"


While I can't personally verify the validity, I tend to believe that this is truly a comment left by Alvaro's sister. There are quite a number of people who have left comments asking if Alvaro intends to make a book or DVD available of his slideshow - but as his sister's comment says, a job would be the best thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home