Thursday, September 08, 2005

Amazing Photojournalism - New Orleans

Just taking a moment to share this link to a slideshow/photo gallery put together by Alvaro R. Morales Villa who evacuated New Orleans under his own power last week - 4 days after hurricane Katrina struck. Alvaro has put together a compelling documentation of the city of New Orleans before, during, and after Katrina's wrath.

A courageous young man who exemplifies a libertarian spirit if there ever was one, and his photos and commentary are wonderful.

6 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/08/2005 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/09/2005 4:18 PM, Anonymous J. Bohacheff said...

Kay,
I saw your post on Alvaro's pict's. They are fantastic. Keep an eye on Ophelia. I noticed you are down on the SE coast, so be ready move inland. I also noticed your links and see we have similar political standings. God Bless on your future endeavors.

J.Bohacheff
N.Augusta, SC

 
At 9/09/2005 5:12 PM, Anonymous Richard G. Combs said...

Thanks for pointing out this stunning photo essay! I'm urging my readers to go through the whole 197 photos, and I noted that Alvaro's photos and commentary make a couple of surprising points that I bet they haven't seen on their TVs.

 
At 9/09/2005 8:36 PM, Blogger LBF (Left-Brain Female) said...

J.B. - Thanks for your kind words - I am watching Ophelia like a hawk, LOL.

Richard - Thanks for helping draw attention to Alvaro's work - I felt it had to be shared!

 
At 9/11/2005 6:18 PM, Blogger DrPat said...

I have cited this post on BlogCritics in my Weekly BlogScan, this week titled "Hurricane Relief - Stepping Up". To view the citation or comment on the BlogScan, please join the two lines below to create the URL:

http://blogcritics.org/
archives/2005/09/11/025718.php

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home